Welcome to Villa Sombrero
Villa Sombrero is a one of kind affordable exclusive waterfront destination with tennis court in Marathon, Florida located in the "Heart of The Florida Keys."
This unique family retreat overlooking a beautiful natural reserve on a serene protected waterway called Sisters Creek, is the perfect location for all your sports pleasures for all ages.
This convenient waterway provides the discriminating yachtsman or sport fisherman easy access to the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico as well as waterfront restaurants with a controlling depth of 7’ and no fixed bridges.
Above all others, this incredible vacation getaway boasts the following features:
- A total of five bedrooms and four baths separated into two fully equipped and tastefully decorated residences across from the 12th fairway of the Sombrero Country Club and 18 hole championship golf course.
- Dockage accommodating boats of any size on a continuous 170 foot deep water concrete seawall, and an additional 55’ x 19’ protected cut in slip.
- Relax in your over sized heated swimming pool overlooking the waterway and its many natural features.
- Serve it up on your own private tennis court at the water’s edge.
- Fish from the seawall, barbecue your catch, take a walk or ride your bike around the golf course and keep your camera ready for all the wildlife that passes by.
- Covered parking for two vehicles and ample room for guests and several boat trailers. Or even a Recreational vehicle
This magnificent home location is just 2 hours from Miami, less than an hour from Key West and just few miles from Marathon Airport, which is now a Port of Entry with a NEW 24 HR US Customs facilities.
Villa Sombrero is fully licensed with the State of Florida and Monroe County. Its manager and past owner is a licensed real estate professional registered with the Department of Business & Professional Regulation in the State of Florida.
Gary Haber, the previous owner for 9 ½ years now manages Villa Sombrero for Keys Real Estate Investments. Gary is a native Floridian who loves Boating, scuba diving, fishing and most outdoor activities. Gary is a semi-retired real estate manager and Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker.
Gary Haber purchased this property in 2006.
Villa Sombrero overlooks Boot Key Harbor with its beautiful sunsets to the West and refreshing breezes from the East that travel down Sisters Creek, a natural waterway that leads to great diving and fishing grounds of the Atlantic. Across Sisters Creek there is a natural preserve and no neighbors. It is a private, exclusive and a great destination.
FishingOff-shore trolling, reef fishing, flat fishing, or fish off your own dock,Lobstering during season only
Sunset CruisesSunset cruises - shopping superb restaurants and nightlife Golf outside your front door-Your own private tennis court.
Jet skiingJet skiing, para sailing, wind surfing, Bi-plane rides, helicopter rides, fighter jet rides.
Other Visitor's Experiences
We had 6 adults and 6 kids stay at this home for spring break and the set up was perfect! Everyone had privacy of a room and yet we were close enough to cook and eat together without any problems. The lower ...Read More
This place is great! We would definitely consider staying there again! Some feedback and improvement ideas. We absolutely loved heated swimming pool. Fishing off the dock was awesome. We even saw som...Read More
Villa Sombrero has topped the charts for a vacation rental as far as I'm concerned. My husband and I along with 2 other couples went to marathon to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. We had a grea...Read More
Had a great stay. The owner and manager both really nice and very helpful. Like the idea of the cut in to keep your boat. Caught plenty of fish right off the dock. The place was super clean when we arrived. ...Read More